Boracay Bonding with Family Day 1 - Getting to Boracay via Kalibo


When I booked our flight via Zestair on March 2011 for 4days and 3 nights, I was ecstatic because me and hubby have never been to Boracay. When I told my parents and brother about it, they were envious and wanted to join because just like us, they've never been to Boracay either, so I booked them separately.

I didn't create an itinerary for this trip though I had some things in mind for our activities. Our 3 year old kid and my brother's 1 year old baby were with us so I thought this trip should be kid friendly and laid back. I didn't have a contact person for our activities because from what I read, madaming nagooffer ng mga activies doon. For our accommodation, thanks to PHILTOA's 22nd Phil Travel Mart held in MOA last September 2-4, we got a cheap package from La Carmela de Boracay, 2nights +1night (standard room) with 2 days set breakfast for 2 for only P3400!!! awesome!!

Day 1:

After paying P200 terminal fee, we went inside the departure lounge. Our expected departure was at 4PM to Kalibo. I know it's already late. I could have chosen an earliest flight but I can't recall what went through my mind why I selected this time when I booked this flight. Our flight was delayed for 1 hour due to delay in turnover. I was really worried because we might miss the van and ferry to Boracay.



Thank gawd our flight was only delayed for an hour, at 4:30 PM they let us board the plane and at 5:30 PM, we took off. Alviss was so excited to fly, it was his first ride.



It was already dark when we landed in Kalibo. Outside were people offering transfers. I was thinking of getting a reservation for our transfer before because of the kid, but good thing I opted not to because going to Boracay was just very easy.


I instantly spotted a guy who offered P200 for van and boat transfers excluding environmental and terminal fees. This is their regular fee for van but for bus & boat transfer its P300. There are too many vans parked outside that will immediately leave once its full. Waiting isn't long kasi karamihan ng pasahero chooses van over bus.After paying P200 each (kid's fare is free as long as nakakalong), we drove off.

After almost 1 1/2 hour, we arrived in the Port where we paid P150 for environmental and terminal fee. Boat left right away and after 15 minutes, we reached the island. Before reaching our hotel, we rode a tricycle that was just waiting in the port. Fare is P20 per head while special trip is P100. We told the driver our hotel name and he dropped us there. The tric driver said ferry opens at 6AM or as early as 5AM depending on the available passengers. It closes at 9-10PM.

Finally, we checked in at 9PM. Afterwards, we went for a little stroll, ate dinner and slept. I felt our first day was wasted. :(

How to get to Boracay via Kalibo:

1. From Kalibo - take a van or bus to reach the port. Van is P200, Bus is P300 both are inclusive of boat transfer. Travel time is 1.5 to 2hours. 
2. From the port, pay the environmental and terminal fees (total of P150). Board the boat going to Boracay Island. Travel time is 10-15 minutes.
3. Tricycles are waiting in Boracay. Fare is P20 per head; Special trip is P100. 


Boracay Bonding with Family Day 1 - Getting to Boracay via Kalibo
Boracay Bonding with Family Day 2 - Helmet Diving & Paraw Sailing
Boracay Bonding with Family Day 3 - Island Hopping
Boracay Bonding with Family Day 3 - Food
Boracay Bonding with Family Day 4 - Last Minute

Popular posts from this blog

Tanay, Rizal: Bakasyunan Resort

La Union... L and U.. Elyu!