CORON, Palawan : Welcome to Enchanting Coron



The day I fell in love with snorkeling was the day we went to Ligpo Island, Batangas for our 3rd year wedding anniversary. Since then, I couldn't help but look forward to some snorkeling trips. And where to go for an ultimate snorkeling experience? Where else but in CORON!!

I was lucky I was able to book 2 tickets (travel date: June 15-18, 2012) for me and my hubby with Airphil's piso promo (Manila-Busuanga) for P676 and then Zestair's P12 promo (Busuanga-Manila) for P798. Sum it up, total amount of round trip ticket for 2 is P1473.44. Later on 2 other friends joined us.

Our flight bound for Busuanga was scheduled at 1:50PM, unfortunately, it was delayed because at the time of our supposed departure the plane was still in Busuanga.Haha!! Good thing we didn't wait that long. Before 2:30PM, the gate bound for Busuanga opened and people started lining up. The sight of a small Airphil scared me a bit. It reminded me of my experience with ZestAir last year when we went to Boracay all flashed back. The take off made me dizzy and every slight movements made me cringe on my seat as I felt it too strong.

This time, it wasn't a smooth ride either. The only difference is I guess I just got accustomed to it. I jokingly told my husband when we encountered turbulence, I closed my eyes and I felt I was riding in a Public bus. Yeah, that bumpy!!



It was drizzling when we landed in Coron. Uh-oh, here comes my nightmare! It was my major concern, the weather, considering June is our rainy season. Don't ask me why I still booked this flight because all I can say is for its price!! :) Nevertheless, I was comforted by the fact that typhoon very seldom passes through Palawan Island and this is same reason Palawan has Peak Season all year round.



The plane landed in Busuanga Airport at around 3:30PM. I was surprised how small the airport was! Their baggage area doesn't have a machine. Usually, passengers just wait for the bags brought by a machine right? In Busuanga, staff carry the bags and bring it literally inside the baggage area. In their departure area, they don't have a scanner or xray machine to scan/xray the people or luggage. Policemen manually search the luggage. The airport, for me, is pretty much under developed. And oh, let me also say that their terminal fee is only P20.

We went straight to our reserved van. When we got inside, there were already 4 passengers/guests seated. Good thing, we came in last so we didn't have to wait. We stopped by at Coron Hilltop View Inn to drop the other guests then headed our way to the center of Coron town where Coron Reef Pension is located.

After our check in, we walked around town then made reservations in CoronGaleri for our tours.


CORON, Palawan : Welcome to Enchanting Coron
CORON, Palawan: Coron Reef Pension
CORON, Palawan: Coron Town
CORON, Palawan: Coron Island Tour + Maquinit Hotspring
CORON, Palawan : Malcapuya Island Tour + Mt Tapyas
CORON, Palawan : Our last day + Itinerary and Expenses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tanay, Rizal: Bakasyunan Resort

La Union... L and U.. Elyu!